3-IN-1 MULTI-HEALTH FIBRE
• Metamucil 3-in-1 Multi-Health Fibre made with 100% naturally sourced psyllium fibre:
• Helps to temporarily suppress appetite when taken prior to a meal: As the psyllium fibre in Metamucil powder thickens, it forms a gel, which aids in the sensation of fullness.
• Helps lower cholesterol levels* to promote heart health: Metamucil provides an easy way to help reduce your risk of heart disease by adding psyllium fibre to your heart-healthy diet.
• Promotes digestive health**: The psyllium fibre in Metamucil helps maintain regularity.
• To ensure this product is right for you always read and follow the label.
*Lowers mildly to moderately elevated cholesterol levels when taken with a low fat diet.
**By relieving irregularity.
WHAT IS PSYLLIUM FIBRE
Psyllium husk, a naturally sourced dietary fibre originating from plantago ovata, has been the source of both soluble and insoluble fibre in Metamucil for 80 years. Studies suggest that the naturally sourced psyllium in Metamucil works differently because it gels in your digestive system, providing multiple benefits for your overall health.
METAMUCIL POWDER IS DIFFERENT
Not all fibres are created equal. Metamucil is the only leading fibre supplement brand made with 100% naturally sourced psyllium fibre† — and that makes all the difference. No surprise Metamucil is the #1 doctor-recommended fibre brand1.
†P&G calculation based in part on dollar share data reported by The Nielsen Company through its Retail Scantrack Services in the U.S. market to which P&G subscribes for the Multi Symptom G.I Relief Category for the 12 month period ending 6/28/14.
1Among recommendations in a Symphony Health Solutions survey 2014 (OTC therapeutic fiber category)
GOOD NEWS FOR YOUR HEART
Psyllium yields about 70% soluble fibre. Studies have shown that just seven grams of soluble fibre per day from psyllium is beneficial for your heart. The psyllium in Metamucil forms a thick gel, which traps some bile acids made from cholesterol. As the psyllium gel moves through the intestine, bile acid reabsorption is inhibited and the gel gently removes bile acids along with the waste. The liver draws LDL cholesterol from the blood to make bile acid, resulting in lower blood cholesterol levels.